Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Some Tweets from David Sirota

David Sirota is the speechwriter for candidate Bernie Sanders.



  •  Pinned Tweet
    I told the NY Times that “my principles don’t change with the job I’m in” and I think that’s proven to be true over the last 20 yrs. It hasn’t been a perfect career — but I’ve tried hard to live my values. Thanks to everyone for the support. Onward.
  •   Retweeted
    In 1994, won a tough race against Republicans with this pro-Social Security message. Months later in 1995, went to the Senate floor to brag about how hard he was working with the GOP to cut Social Security.
  •   Retweeted
    Rapid response

  •   Retweeted
    BREAKING NEWS: Newspaper clip emerges showing pushing Social Security cuts in 1983: "Biden also suggested that a gradual increase in the retirement age would help improve the Social Security system" Clip here: ✂️
  •   Retweeted
    JOE BIDEN: “When I argued that we should freeze federal spending, I meant Social Security as well. I meant Medicare & Medicaid. I meant veterans’ benefits....And I not only tried it once, I tried it twice, I tried it a 3rd time & I tried it a 4th time.”
  •   Retweeted
    This was a shockingly reasonable profile of by the nyt. Any campaign would be lucky to have David fighting for them.

  •   Retweeted
    “the media” is bad and is good, thanks for coming to my ted talk
  •   Retweeted
    New endorsement for in CA: – University Professional and Technical Employees (UPTE)-CWA 9119, "the nation’s largest Communication Workers of America (CWA) local" representing nearly 17,000 UC employees is backing Sanders, who got 66 percent of their vote.
  •   Retweeted
    Two cheers for my bro / friend / dad
  •   Retweeted
    "Medical debt is a uniquely American phenomenon, a burden that would be unfathomable in many other developed countries."
  •   Retweeted
    David Sirota has worked as a journalist. Now he works for Bernie Sanders. One thing has stayed the same: His apparent delight in taking on the mainstream media.
  •   Retweeted
    I am very grateful that is rentlentless. He is a Warrior and we love his outrage in speaking truth to power. He stands strong amidst a field of cowardice!
  •   Retweeted
    didn't think one could dislike david sirota more, until i read this nyt profile from today what absolute garbage
  •   Retweeted
    I profiled David Sirota, a journalist turned advisor to the Sanders campaign, and wrote about Bernie Sanders's longstanding beef with the media
  •   Retweeted
    Today marks 10 years since the disastrous Citizens United Supreme Court decision, which allows corporations to spend unlimited money on elections. We are going to overturn that decision and get corporate money out of politics. Read our plan here:
  •   Retweeted
    It was a great turnout and a great event. We are going to win Colorado on Super Tuesday -- pass it on.

  • This is such huge news for ' push for Medicare for All. Really terrific!

  •   Retweeted
    The richest 1% may emit 30 times more CO2 emissions than the poorest 50% - via Deutsche Bank
  • I like how you thought I wouldn’t at least make sanity time to bowl a shitty score in my southeast Denver bowling league
  • I warned you. They are going to do everything they possibly can to crush us and preserve the status quo. They are trying to demoralize and destroy this movement. Do not be deterred. Onward.

  •   Retweeted
    We are going to beat the trolls one way or the other. United we stand.

  •   Retweeted
    What's more important than the New York Times endorsement? The endorsements Bernie received from: - National Nurses United - United Electrical Workers - United Teachers Los Angeles - Clark County Education Assn in NV - NH State Employees - IA/NH postal worker unions & many more

  •   Retweeted
    . & this happened almost 3 years to the day before the 2008 Bear Stearns collapse, setting in motion the worst financial crash since 1929 & worse economy since the Great Depression of the 1930s, when hardworking Americans really needed this key safety value

  • Here's a really good column on 's bankruptcy legislation, in which Krugman says: "The bankruptcy bill was written by and for credit card companies...Any senator who votes for the bill should be ashamed." Bernie voted against it.
  •   Retweeted
    Replying to   and 
    This is my job I have spent over a decade tracking politicians and Social Security. The whole point of the article you responded too is that the Politifact piece is wrong and so is the Reuter’s piece based on it. You are focusing on the wrong part,