Friday, February 04, 2005

Condi Rice's thinking again -- "I don't think anybody . . ."

"I don't think anybody thinks that the unelected mullahs who run that regime are a good thing for the Iranian people or for the region. I think our European allies agree that the Iranian regime's human rights behavior and its behavior toward its own population is something to be loathed."

That's Condi Rice and the "quotation of the day" as picked by the merry pranksters at the New York Times.

Shouldn't we all panic when Condi puts on that thinking cap and starts sentences with the phrase: "I don't think anybody . . ." -- shouldn't we?

Flashback (courtesy of The Center for American Progress):

"I don't think anybody could have predicted that those people could take an airplane and slam it into the World Trade Center, take another one and slam it into the Pentagon, that they would try to use an airplane as a missile, a hijacked airplane as a missile."

I guess that was the "quotation of the day" on May 16, 2002?