Friday, May 23, 2014

Harvard Law School (Francis A. Boyle)

Francis A. Boyle is an attorney and a professor  at the University of Illinois College of Law. His books include Foundations of World Order (Duke University Press: 1999) and Tackling America’s Toughest Questions (2009).   His most recent book is United Ireland, Human Rights and International Law.   This is his poem "Harvard Law School."



Harvard Law School
Is a Neo-Con Cesspool
After Deans Clark and Kagan
I would not send my dog to
I like my dog
 
Nor my kids
Nor others’ kids
I like them too
 
To learn torture
And become torturers
 
To learn war crimes
And become war criminals
 
To learn kangaroo courts
And become kangaroos
 
To learn drones
And become droners
 
To learn murder
And become murderers
 
To learn assassinations
And become assassins
 
To trash the Constitution
And International Law
Human Rights too
 
This is not the HLS
I entered
In 1971
A Pox upon their House
 
Fab.
 
 
Francis A. Boyle
Law Building
504 E. Pennsylvania Ave.

Champaign, IL 61820 USA