The Republican Party, she insisted, had to purge itself of its members.
How would it then be a political party?
Mika didn't know and didn't care.
Fortunately, a guest corrected her that the reason Donald Trump had found support was because of a feeling that the GOP had become more insiderish and less of the people.
The notion flew over Mika's tiny bird brain.
The guest pointed out that what the party had to do was actually reach out to these members.
Mika just looked irritated as if to say, "Democracy would be great if only it weren't for the people."
Why MSNBC thinks they can fly the flag while also featuring talk show hosts with contempt for democracy is a question no one's ever managed to answer.
After you got past Mika, maybe you noticed that MORNING JOE, like US President Barack Obama, apparently feels no need to travel to Louisiana -- a state devastated by flooding?
New content at Third:
- Truest statement of the week
- Truest statement of the week II
- A note to our readers
- Editorial: What scare tactic comes next?
- TV: Poor sports and strip teases
- Secretary V. Secretary
- Tweet of the week
- They kill whistle-blowers, don't they?
- Singer-songwriter Judee Sill
- "If you're writing think pieces saying that it's O...
- Streisand plays Boston
- Anyone offering anything less than universal healt...
- “This administration's ransom deal, subsequent lie...
- Gloria La Riva: Louisiana needs massive fed funds ...