Sunday, September 17, 2023

Naomi Klein on her "Doppelganger" and navigating the far-right mirror universe | Salon Talks

 



Jim asked, of "Naomi Klein's DOPPELGANGER," my review of Naomi's new book, "So what did you like then, her punctuation?"  I really did like the book.  But it's not the book the publisher seems to think it is.  I do talk some about this with Ava for our "Books" feature at THIRD -- we've finished that and we just finished our media piece.  The album by the way, now that the piece is written, is Barbra Streisand's LIVE AT THE BON SOIR.  A lot of e-mails asked after I said here last week that we would be covering an album this week.  (And we also cover some media coverage of news events.)  If you're wanting a puff piece, don't read it.  If you can't handle reality and a critique of Barbra, don't read it.  I think Barbra's work and reputation will survive -- same as Naomi's -- even after I've weighed in.  Before I reviewed Naomi's book, I noted the day before, that I don't do puff pieces.  If I don't have something to actually say, I'm not going to write about it.  There are things I don't like about Naomi's book but I do think it's worth reading.  As for THIRD? I'm taking a nap.  Then I'll get in the pool.  And after that maybe work some on some group pieces for THIRD.  But I don't plan on much more than that -- with regards to THIRD -- and I have no idea what's been done for it other than two pieces Ava and I have finished.  Meaning? I don't know if it's going up tonight or if it'll be tomorrow.