On Saturday, Sheik Abdul Halim al-Zuhairi, a senior figure in Dawa, was dispatched to Najaf to deliver a message to Ayatollah Sistani that the coalition was willing to replace Mr. Maliki if necessary, said Jumaa al-Atwani, a politician with Mr. Maliki’s coalition. Mr. Zuhairi passed the letter to Sistani’s son, he said.
I'm traveling in some vehicle
I'm sitting in some cafe
A defector from the petty wars
That shell shock love away
-- "Hejira," written by Joni Mitchell, first appears on her album of the same name
The number of US service members the Dept of Defense states died in the Iraq War is [PDF format warning] 4489.
The following community sites -- plus Cindy Sheehan -- updated:
New content at Third:
- Truest statement of the week
- Truest statement II
- A note to our readers
- Editorial: Maybe some people shouldn't talk about ...
- TV: When All Eyes Are On You
- Safety and the US embassies
- We want it on BluRay
- Dona's Info Corner
- This edition's playlist
- Little Glass Houses
- VIDEO: Murray to VA Nominee: “You are faced with a...
- Concert is a rare opportunity to see Tom Robinson ...
- Levin statement at Senate Finance Committee hearin...
- Microsoft announces massive layoffs (Chris Fry)
- Wolf: Genocide Taking Place In Iraq