Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Some Tweets from Julian Castro


  •  Pinned Tweet
    Just wrapped up my town hall and I’m so glad I got to share my vision for our country’s future with you. If you like what you heard, please make a contribution to help us make the debates:
    0:16
    19K views
  • Thank you and for hosting me tonight and allowing me to share my vision for our country’s future. It’s inspiring to see so many talented and driven young minds interested in public service.
     
  • From separating families to attacking asylum seekers, this administration’s bottomless cruelty has failed time and time again. We need compassion, not cruelty, in our immigration system.
  • Watch our conversation live now with and ➡️
  •   Retweeted
    "We're going to keep saying Black Lives Matter while working toward a justice system where it's true." to one of the most resonant moments of 's announcement speech for me.
  •   Retweeted
    Can’t wait to welcome back a past board senior advisory board member and current candidate for president, !
  • As a native Texan, I know what it’s like to be overlooked by Democratic presidential hopefuls. I’m going to travel everywhere and work hard for every vote, because on this campaign, everyone counts.
  • Last week asked what sets me apart from the other candidates. My answer? I'm one of the only candidates with executive experience as Mayor of the 7th largest city in the country and as a former cabinet Secretary under President Obama.
  • Friends in the area, I hope you'll head over to the 92nd Street Y on Monday, April 22 for a conversation Jonathan Capehart and I will be having about the future of America. ▶️
  • Climate change will increasingly drive migration and instability in the years to come. My immigration plan would restore our refugee program and adapt it to accommodate those displaced by a changing climate.
  • I told the Asian & Latino Coalition in Des Moines: I’m not much for making this country anything ‘again’, I’m not looking to the past. But there is one thing I look to the past for: I want to restore integrity to the White House.
     
  • Visiting with the House and Senate Democratic Caucuses, as well as the interns and pages, at the Iowa State Capitol today in Des Moines.