Wednesday, January 05, 2022

WOKE MOB: Patton Oswalt APOLOGIZES For Chappelle Picture | Breaking Points with Krystal and Saagar

 -----------

C.I. note: I got calls when Patton made his ridiculous apology on Instagram.  If I'd had any respect for Patton, it would have been gone then.  (I have never had any respect for PO.)  I consder David a friend.  I can disagree with my friends on any number of things  and they can certainly disagree with me -- that's how adults interact.  I know that's confusing in a world where Eliot Page can go on a fun, late night talk show and spew verbal diarrhea and then start waterworks and think they've made some lucid argument when all they've done is destroy everyone's mood right before bed, but in the real world we can disagree, we can root for different teams, we can argue over which was the best book of the year, we can disagree on who to vote for, and we can still love one another very much.  Again, it is confusing to the dramatic whores but that is life.   I have no idea why PO felt the need to one minute post a photo with Dave and the next to insult him.  I also find it interesting that I'm the only one talking about Dave's persona -- even when it's professional comics taking part in the conversation.  Meaning, to be on stage, Dave long ago had to develop a persona.  I hate to break it to the innocent virgins but a Jerry or a  Roseanne or whomever is on stage did develop that voice.  It didn't just come to them.  And once the persona is deveoped that's what the jokes will roll through.