Sunday, August 14, 2022

Walking and Talking (12/12) Movie CLIP - I Love You (1996) HD

 

I go back many years with Anne Heche and I don't think she ever gave a bad performance.  She was fearless, I remember first meeting her at a party when she'd come to California and was doing a guest spot on MURPHY BROWN.  She was nervous about it -- leaving NYC and a paycheck (as Vicky on ANOTHER WORLD -- sometimes as Marley as well) and doubtful about her prospects . . . for about three minutes and then she was bored with being nervous and ready for a new topic.  That was Anne.  Fearless.  It never surprised me that, once she fell for Ellen, she had no use for a closet because that was never going to be Anne.  


She gave many strong performances and that includes the film WALKING AND TALKING, written and directed by Nicole Holofcener.  It was great material and a great director.  It was also great acting and she did that while holding her own with the excellent Catherine Keener, Todd Field and Liev Schreiber.  I'm too sad to read most of the tributes but the two or three I have read -- including one at THE GUARDIAN -- have failed to mention WALKING AND TALKING and it's not only a strong and wonderful performance from Anne, it's also one of the 90s best films.