Monday, April 04, 2005

Democray Now!: Mexican-Born Man Dragged From Truck in New Mexico

From Democracy Now!'s Headlines today:

Mexican-Born Man Dragged From Truck in New Mexico
Meanwhile in New Mexico, a 32-year-old man remains hospitalized in critical condition after being dragged from a truck on Easter Sunday. The Mexican-born man, Fausto Arellano, suffered burn-like abrasions over half his body after he was bound by the ankles and dragged from a truck 4,000 feet through the streets of Gallup New Mexico. Police arrested one suspect on Friday and charged him with kidnapping, aggravated battery and assault with intent to commit a violent felony. Police have not yet described the incident as a hate crime.

And with that important story, we're going to have to call it a night on this end. As I've worked through additional e-mails, I've found more who were upset about refusals to link. I've written a short note to the ones I've read so far and suggested that they read the long post from earlier tonight. I hope no one feels short changed by that. I'll be spending another hour on the e-mails but I'll be reading the ones waiting and not opening any that arrive while I'm trying to read the ones that have been waiting today.

The e-mail address for this site is common_ills@yahoo.com.