If only the press would play along.
Instead, Sinan Salaheddin (AP) observes:
This is not the first time the Iraqi government has announced an operation to retake Anbar — where several key towns, including the provincial capital Ramadi, remain under IS control. In May, authorities announced an operation to retake Ramadi, but there has not been any major progress on the ground since then.
Arabic social media is noting that Haider's condemning the use of child soldiers . . . while giving money to a Shi'ite militia that is using them.
New content at Third:
- Truest statement of the week
- A note to our readers
- Editorial: Do da
- TV: The Thursday bloodbath
- Video of the week
- 10 actors we'd be just fine never seeing in anothe...
- The shortest discussion of all time
- This edition's playlist
- Sen. Murray Fights to Protect Services for Homeles...
- Senator Alan Grayson?
- Michigan Greens Endorse MILegalize Marijuana Initi...