Haider al-Abadi's government is attempting to portray reclaiming a stadium -- not in Ramadi -- as a victory.
All these months later, the Iraqi government controls a sports stadium.
That's what passes for 'success' in Iraq.
And that Tweet about says it all.
New content at Third:
- Truest statement of the week
- Truest statement of the week II
- A note to our readers
- Editorial: Forgotten Iraq
- TV: Dull Us
- What the hell is happening to Peanuts?
- 30 of Carly Simon's finest
- Best development of the week
- Fake Ass Hillary
- This edition's playlist
Kat's "Kat's Korner The triumphant return of Janet " went up early this morning.