Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Some Tweets from David Sirota

David Sirota is candidate Bernie Sanders' speechwriter.




  •   Retweeted
    if you like your insurance, you can keep it, unless your boss doesn't like it, in which case you cannot keep it
  • It's clear that -- and President is going to open up a criminal investigation
  • I’m willing to fight for Washington Post reporters I don’t know.
  • This is a brazenly dishonest argument on every level. It asks you to somehow forget that Medicare for All eliminates the enormous middle-class taxes (premiums, copays etc) that Americans are currently paying to Bennet's insurance and pharma donors.
  • Jeff Bezos is offering up another reminder that billionaire owners always behave like billionaires 👇
  •   Retweeted
    This is shameful, . Sanders and Warren have said repeatedly would lower cost for everyone. That is what matters. Iowans won’t fall for your regurgitation of health insurance industry talking points. Maybe that’s why you poll at 2%.
  •   Retweeted
    I'm willing to fight for a Donut account that tweeted something mean at me
  • When claimed that his opposition to Medicare for All proved "I'm with Barack," that was patently false. Here are the receipts 👇
  • President Obama: Democrats "are running on good, new ideas like Medicare for all." Obama's Medicare chief: "Medicare for All wins twice: on both simplicity and savings."
  • For weeks, and have been parroting GOP talking points against Medicare for All, while raking in donations from health industry donors. Now, President 's Medicare chief debunks the talking points. 👇
  • John Cornyn seems very upset that President is going to open a criminal investigation into the fossil fuel industry, which knowingly created the climate crisis.
  • -- and President Sanders is going to hold Exxon accountable.
  • .: "We are finally going to end the fossil fuel industry’s legal immunity...When I am president, I will appoint an Attorney General who will finally hold the executives and the fossil fuel industry accountable for their criminal behavior."
  • If you want to see fossil fuel executives face a full-scale criminal investigation, then you should support -- the candidate who has most explicitly promised to make that happen when he is elected president.
  • Remains one of the best days of my entire career
  •   Retweeted
    Congrats to the airport workers winning union recognition with ! One step closer to a contract that respects the dignity and safety of our airport workers. Hopefully this inspires other airport workers to organize for representation, too.
  •   Retweeted
    Replying to 
    I was going to try to save the planet but I got so annoyed at this tweet one time, so I completely sacrificed all of my values
  • "I was going to support a Green New Deal to save the planet from a climate disaster, but then I insulted someone and they blocked me on Twitter and so I bailed" - the epitaph on humanity's gravestone
  • Look I get it. You think I'm a "bad hire" & a "liability" & you are voting against Bernie & Medicare for All & a Green New Deal because you once read a tweet of mine you didnt like. Great, congrats to you & your Extremely Online take! Now excuse me, we've got real work to do.
  •   Retweeted
    Wired: ExxonMobil on trial for misleading shareholders about climate risks Inspired: ExxonMobil CEOs on trial for crimes against humanity
  • So if we're talking about "literal" stuff -- I've literally helped elect a Democratic congressman, I've literally helped elect a Democratic governor, I've literally worked for House Democrats...oh and I'm literally married to a Democratic elected official.
  • If you like ExxonMobil this week being dragged into civil court, then you are going to LOVE President opening a criminal probe of fossil fuel executives who knowingly suppressed information about the climate disaster
  • The Exxon "trial of the century" begins today. It is a civil case. is the candidate promising a CRIMINAL probe of fossil fuel corporations AND their top executives. He pushed to make that happen in 2015 -- it WILL happen when he's president.
  •   Retweeted
    Any candidate proposing to retain employer-sponsored insurance is supporting an extremely unpopular idea
  • Hell yeah
  •   Retweeted
    The issue here is not electability. Sanders and Warren would both be heavily favored against Trump. The issue is that the donor class—the people who socialize with NYT reporters—don’t want left policies.
  •   Retweeted
    Centrists pretending their concern with a left nominee is electability (when their real concern is paying more taxes) reminds me of centrists pretending their concern with single payer is that it's not realistic (when their real concern is having the same healthcare as poor ppl).
  •   Retweeted
    As the campaign heats up, defenders of the super rich are panicking
  •   Retweeted
    If I worked for a think tank that took millions of dollars from an authoritarian regime, I'd probably sit out the "Who's a foreign asset" discussion.
  • Two headlines on the same day
     
  • Good clip of explaining the media’s Bernie Blackout
  •   Retweeted
    Area Politician Successfully Bribed
  • 🤔
     
  • You wanna know why I oppose ? It’s because a guy who bills himself as “Middle Class Joe” helped his donors and his GOP allies destroy Democrats and pass a bill that deliberately sentenced millions of Americans to a lifetime of crushing college and medical debt. 👇🏻
  • The bankruptcy bill was a corrupt sell out. I’ll always appreciate defending us — and I’ll never forget throwing us under the bus. This was a formative moment for me as a young person. It taught me a lot about the Dem Party divide.
  • Today's news: Biden is having his surrogate say his campaign could be bankrolled by a super PAC: Buttigieg is having Mark Zuckerberg help with staffing: Bernie is fighting corporate greed:
  • Here's today's installment of "I need a good premise for a terrifying science fiction movie"