Saturday, February 08, 2020

Some Tweets from David Sirota

David Sirota is the speechwriter for candidate Bernie Sanders.



  •  Pinned Tweet
    I told the NY Times that “my principles don’t change with the job I’m in” and I think that’s proven to be true over the last 20 yrs. It hasn’t been a perfect career — but I’ve tried hard to live my values. Thanks to everyone for the support. Onward.
  • />
  • I particularly think about it when these same people now non-ironically pretend that they want to “restore” some “civility” and “decency” in politics
  • I sometimes think about how 18 years ago and his friends sh**posted America into a war that killed hundreds of thousands of people.
  • You nailed me
  • Someone asked me what I do. I was tired and didn’t feel like going into it so I just said I am a poster. I feel good about that answer.
  • I have a crazy idea here, just follow me here for a second: You’re not being “vicious” when you post links to C-Span videos and the Congressional Record
  • While you are fantasizing about all the mean online things I’m supposedly doing but not actually doing and have never actually done and don’t even know about, I’m out eating breakfast with the kids in Denver at the bagel deli.
  • I rewatched this clip, and I think it is the most succinct encapsulation of everything
  • . is awesome. That's it. That's the tweet.
  • I like how Pete maintained a straight face while he basically argued that having his campaign bankrolled by is actually an altruistic and principled act of unity and consensus
  •   Retweeted
    We are earning Black votes in SC. Anyone who feels they’ve got a constituency’s 🗳 on lock needs a history book! A candidate’s record matters. Who kept close & who he praised matters! I said what I said & I’ll say it again.
  • Retweet this link if you don’t want to buy the New Hampshire primary:
  • If you remember that can be understood as an avatar for , then Pete's confusing, policy-evading word salads at the make a heckuva lot more sense.
  • Hey everyone -- make sure to check out this website: Please retweet it to spread the word
  • Pete Buttigieg touted his support for Medicare for All...until started funneling him cash -- then he suddenly turned around and started criticizing Medicare for All.
  •   Retweeted
    When I ran for Congress we won a seat that had been Republican for decades. I passed more amendments than any member from 1995 to 2007.
  • Bold ideas...like Pete helping block Medicare for All, tuition-free college and a Green New Deal