Sunday, September 06, 2020

Remembering Kevin Zeese means being honest (I'm looking at you, Dario)

 Kevin Zeese has passed away.  Dario Hunter has Tweeted the following:


Our deepest condolences to the family and friends of Kevin Zeese, who unexpectedly passed away today.


Oh f**k that s**t.

Dario is a piece of garbage.


Kevin was a Green.  He was an activist.  He was a writer.  He was Dr. Margaret Flowers' husband.  He was the press secretary for Howie Hawkins' presidential campaign.  He spent years working to popularize Medicare For All.  

Kevin and Kat exchanged many e-mails -- which is why he was billed as Kat's "BFF'' by many of us in the community.  Kat and Kevin disagreed initially over something but they continued to exchange e-mails and she was always happy to highlight him and took great pleasure in his e-mails.  

Kevin is someone whose life mattered because he lived it as though it did.  He fought for big issues that effected the people of this country and the people of the world.  

His passing is a loss and my sympathies to his wife and his friends and family.

I'm not a liar.  Kevin wasn't either.  So I'm not going to let Dario rewrite history.


You deepest condolences?

F**k you.

You went on one show after another in July -- we called you out when you spewed your lies on Cindy Sheehan's podcast -- trashing Kevin and Margaret.  You lied repeatedly about how they schemed to steal the nomination from you.  Your refusal to actively campaign and use social media wisely went a long way towards explaining your failure to win the nomination.  After trashing Kevin with lies, now you want to pretend otherwise?


F**k you.


I didn't get the personal e-mails from Kevin the way Kat did.  Kevin e-mailed me to ask that something be highlighted -- most were, I don't know that all were.  I got one personal e-mail from him over the years.  It was the evening of July 22nd, after the snapshot that morning had gone up calling Dario out for his crap.

Kevin didn't mention Dario by name, didn't offer insults to anyone, just said thank you for defending his wife and that Rebecca had passed it on to him via Twitter.


Dario spread rumors and hate about Margaret and Kevin and this wasn't months and months ago.  He did it for three weeks in July, the last three weeks.  He did it repeatedly and with anyone who would allow him to offer smears and attacks.  

Now Kevin's dead and Dario wants to show up and pretend like none of it happened.

Margaret and Kevin didn't deserve Dario's crap and Dario shouldn't be able to pretend in public that it didn't happen.

I'm not fond of Medea Benjamin but I do not doubt the sincerity of her words offered in this Tweet:


Heartbreaking! Our dear
@KBZeese
Kevin Zeese passed away suddenly this morning. Kevin was a brilliant writer, organizer, strategist and visionary. Wherever there was injustice, Kevin was there, with his partner Margaret
@MFlowers8
and
@PopResistance
. We miss you, brother.
Image


Enrique Suarez Tweets:

Rest In Peace Kevin Zeese libertarianinstitute.org/blog/rest-in-p via
@libertarianinst


Naomi Wolf Tweeted:


A tireless activist. What a loss. Please pass on my condolences.


Dennis Trainor Jr offered this thread:

Shocked and deeply saddened by the sudden death of
@KevinZeese
of a heart attack. Some of the moments in my life around which I am most proud were literally made possible by Kevin's trust and generosity in me.
@PopResistance
@DrMFlowers
Image


Kevin had such a profound impact on my life and work: in the way he lived his life—tirelessly fighting for a more just world—and in the profound impact, he had on my life and work.

It is a point of fact that my movie on #OWS, American Autumn, would not exist without Kevin's trust, support, and generosity. In the spring of 2011, I was a brash and loud YouTuber who fell in with some amazing folks organizing for what would become the Occupy movement.

Although I had ZERO experience as a documentary filmmaker, Kevin trusted me- opened doors of access to organizing meetings, to activists, and to his email list and social media contacts to crowdfund what would become the money for the documentary American Autumn

- a project about which I am most proud. Later, in 2013-14, I was the host of a show, the #ResistanceReport (long before the anti-Trump #Resistance) that was completely underwritten by Popular Resistance, which Kevin ran with his partner Margaret Flowers.

In short: much of the work I did, and the beautiful experiences I had for a good chuck on the 2010s were made possible by, and—directly or tangentially—related to Kevin, and the doors he opened for me. Rest in power, Kevin Zeese. Thank you for everything.


Margaret Kimberley Tweeted:

I am heart broken this morning. I learned that my friend and comrade Kevin Zeese passed away suddenly. Rest in Power!


Kevin will be missed.