Sunday, June 25, 2023

Rep. Robert Garcia releases Pride playlist: ‘”Padam Padam” is a gay bop, so that was easy for me’

 

Rep. Robert Garcia releases Pride playlist: ‘”Padam Padam” is a gay bop, so that was easy for me’

Rep. Robert Garcia (D-Calif.) is jamming to “Padam Padam” this June, releasing his inaugural Pride playlist.

“I wanted to mark Pride with a playlist for the summer with songs that I love,” Garcia told ITK about his collection songs that he unveiled on Spotify and Apple Music on Tuesday.

Among some of the 20 musical selections: Doja Cat and SZA’s “Kiss me More,” “Check on It” by Beyonce, “Glamazon” by RuPaul, Dua Lipa’s “Levitating,” “Baila Esta Cumbia” by Selena and Latto’s “Big Energy.”

“Padam Padam,” which has been dubbed a “gay anthem,” also made the cut. Garcia indicated that choosing to include the new Kylie Minogue songwas a no-brainer: “’Padam Padam’ is a gay bop, so that was easy for me.”

To read the full article, click here