Thursday, September 02, 2010

I Hate The War

So the Christ-child spoke Tuesday night and said the Iraq War endeth and, low and behold, endeth did the Iraq War. And all was happy in the village as the people waited to see what new miracle might yet be performed.

Water into wine? Trisquits into diamonds?

We know that the Cult of St. Barack tells us he can turn blood into oil.

Blood into oil.

Dave Schwartz (St. Cloud Times) reports
that 80 St. Cloud-based soldiers are preparing to head to Fort Hood in November for drills and then they'll deploy to Iraq.

Drills? Shouldn't they be doing something more non-combat like to prepare for their non-combat role in Iraq? Maybe two months of basket weaving?

Oh, that's right, the Iraq War didn't end Tuesday night nor did combat troops suddenly transform into "non-combat" ones just because Barack said they did.



It's over, I'm done writing songs about love
There's a war going on
So I'm holding my gun with a strap and a glove
And I'm writing a song about war
And it goes
Na na na na na na na
I hate the war
Na na na na na na na
I hate the war
Na na na na na na na
I hate the war
Oh oh oh oh
-- "I Hate The War" (written by Greg Goldberg, on The Ballet's Mattachine!)

Last week, ICCC's number of US troops killed in Iraq since the start of the illegal war was 4416. Tonight it's still 4416.



The e-mail address for this site is common_ills@yahoo.com.