Thursday, September 12, 2019

Some Tweets from US House Rep Susan Davis


  •  Pinned Tweet
    No child should go hungry, let alone the children of our servicemembers. Joined with to introduce legislation to end military hunger. Thank you for bringing much-needed attention to this issue & for taking care of our military families.
  • At an ed hearing on school gun violence, I asked for a show of hands from witnesses on who think arming teachers will end gun violence. Not one hand went up. We need: ✅Universal background checks ✅Red Flag Laws ✅Assault weapon ban ✅High capacity magazine ban
  • President Trump wants to open our coasts to more oil and gas drilling. The country opposes this dangerous and ineffective policy, and today the House will vote to block it. As I've always done, I will vote YES to
  • Today is a time to reflect and mourn those whose lives were cut short and the lives of their loved ones who were forever changed. I remember every detail of this day and always will.
  • Offshore oil drilling is not the answer to our country's energy challenges. We can and we must invest in clean, renewable energy. This week the House will pass legislation to protect our coastlines and the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.
  • I've been so honored to represent the 53rd CD for what soon will be 20 years. I'm immensely grateful to you for the repeated confidence you have shown in me. I have struggled to make this very difficult decision. I will not seek another term in Congress.
  • I am hosting another discussion in my ongoing Global Policy Series; this time on Iran. We have a group of internationally-recognized speakers participating who you won’t want to miss! Click below to RSVP and for more information.
  • My heartfelt condolences to Wadie Deddeh’s family- what a tremendous role model you had in Wadie and how important your support for him was in sharing his gifts of diplomacy and common sense.
  •   Retweeted
    Had the honor of spending yesterday w/ at our award-winning Desalination Facility. Davis’s support helped secure grant funding for the facility’s recent expansion, which doubled production. At we showed how we’re inspiring the water leaders of tomorrow.
     
  • I joined the Lumpia Club's August Meeting to give a legislative update on Congress. We discussed transparency in our elections, how to improve public safety, and how we can sustain healthy communities.
  • I welcomed the new Consul General of Mexico to San Diego, Ambassador Carlos Gonzalez-Gutierrez. We discussed the importance of working together to promote and support our binational region.
  • The next event in my signature Global Policy Series is coming your way. U.S.- Iran relations will be the topic. I hope you'll join me and our panel of experts. Click below to RSVP.
  • Celebrated two extraordinary community leaders, Gracia Molina de Pick and Gus Chavez. Gus was a staunch advocate for Latino students empowering them and their families through education and Gracia was a fierce warrior for women’s rights. They'll be greatly missed.
  • Planned Parenthood is forced to withdraw from Title X rather than comply with the Trump Admin's dangerous gag rule. This could leave millions of women without healthcare services. I'll keep fighting this rule so patients don’t lose care.