Friday, January 18, 2019

We're heartbroken right now...(Burn Pits 360)

Sorry, this went into spam folder and was only seen today.  It was mailed out Monday:


We're heartbroken right now...

Dear friend,

Today we got some very upsetting news. The U.S. Supreme Court made the decision to not take up the case involving a class-action lawsuit from many veterans against KBR, the corporate military contractor that was negligent in their burn-pits operations. This is absolutely a kick to many of our already suffering veterans, including myself.

I'll be honest -- we are coming across roadblocks at the judicial level, and a lot of it has to do with the lack of understanding and education on how burn-pits affect our veterans post-deployment. I saw it when recent local judges ruled against me when I sued to get my job back with a state law enforcement agency. Just because we suffered a setback, that doesn't mean we stop fighting.

I need your help -- I'm looking for 100 donors tonight to pitch in $10 right now so we can continue to put funding towards educating our legislators in D.C. If we can't win at the judicial level, then we will succeed at the legislative level, but we can only do it with your help. Please chip in $10 right now to help us pass meaningful legislation for our veterans this year. 
Thank you for your continued support.
Best,
CPT Le Roy Torres, U.S. Army, Retired
Texas Highway Patrol, Retired
Founder of Burn Pits 360
Our mailing address is:
Burn Pits 360
201 N. 4th Street
Robstown, TX 78380