Saturday, January 04, 2020

Some Tweets from David Sirota

David Sirota is the speechwriter for candidate Bernie Sanders.

  •  Pinned Tweet
    I’m serious: I left DC years ago. I have no desire to work in a White House. I love Colorado & never want to go back to DC. And my wife is in the legislature. I sacrificed my entire career to do this godforsaken slog of a job because my kids’ future depends on a Green New Deal
  •   Retweeted
    "Weaponize an Iraq War vote" good god
  •   Retweeted
    This is gross. 👇
  •   Retweeted
    Lol at the Washington Post - which has been running negative pieces about this politician for years - worrying that Bernie Sanders hasn't gotten enough "scrutiny."
  •   Retweeted
    JOE BIDEN: “When I argued that we should freeze federal spending, I meant Social Security as well. I meant Medicare & Medicaid. I meant veterans’ benefits....And I not only tried it once, I tried it twice, I tried it a 3rd time & I tried it a 4th time.”
  •   Retweeted
    CONTEXT: “Biden voted for a landmark Reagan tax bill that slashed the top income tax rate & exempted many wealthy families from the estate tax...He then called for a spending freeze on Social Security to reduce the deficits that tax law helped to create”
  •   Retweeted
    You may wonder why I'm endorsing Bernie. Maybe you think it's inappropriate, that scientists aren't supposed to endorse politicians. It's because I love this Earth, and my kids, way too much to stand on the sidelines while the world burns.
  • Yeah, not seeing your kids for long stretches of time, getting shit on all day, and being regularly demonized as an antichrist equivalent of Stephen Miller = a “slog.” But also: it’s all worth it to elect
  •   Retweeted
    Replying to 
    GREAT please please please stay there and descend back into the slime that spawned you once Bernie loses, sabotages the Democrat nominee and ensures us 4 more years of trump where NO ONE will be interested in your whining.
  • I have no plans to leave Colorado, and would gladly never serve in a White House in exchange for people voting for the candidate with the policy that is most serious about ending the climate crisis now threatening all life on Earth.
  • This video of Joe Biden explicitly bragging about his efforts to cut Social Security has gotten almost 200,000 views:
  •   Retweeted
  •   Retweeted
    The best thing you can do to support the troops is not go to war pass it on.
  • January 1st, 2020: My New Years' resolution is to drink a little less January 3rd, 2020:
  • makes it even worse
  • This is a doomsday cult
  • Can't believe it's 2020, and there's a Democratic presidential candidate who was the Senate Foreign Relations Committee chairman who played the key role helping the GOP ram the Bush/Cheney Iraq resolution through the Senate. Just incredible.
  • The only winning Democratic presidential candidate in the last 20 yrs was a candidate who opposed the Iraq War. Biden helped lead America into the Iraq War. Dems don't have to nominate an Iraq War proponent. There's a candidate who has shown better judgment:
  •   Retweeted
    *stares at dozens and dozens of polls showing bernie beats trump*