Wednesday, January 01, 2020

Ruth's Radio Report Morphs Into Ruth's Streaming Report

Ruth: I tried so hard to find something worth noting over the airwaves throughout 2019.  I wish I could tell you I found success.  I heard a lot of nonsense on NPR.  I heard a lot of garbage on PACIFICA stations where the hosts seem to think they can give you a minute of a headline and then 12 minutes on how awful U.S. President Donald Trump is and that they have somehow done something. They have not done anything.  They have obsessed with Donald Trump while ignoring the world, while ignoring reality, while ignoring stories they should be covering.

So what do we do?

3 JESS

The following is a list of ten programs that nourished me.  I streamed all on the internet.

1) BLACK AGENDA RADIO.


2) CINDY SHEEHAN'S SOAPBOX.


3) Bonnie Faulkner's GUNS & BUTTER.


4) THE JIMMY DORE SHOW.


5) PUSHBACK WITH AARON MATE.


6) RISING WITH THE HILL'S KRYSTAL BALL AND SAAGAR ENJETI.


7) MODERATE REBELS.


8) IN THESE TIMES' WORKING PEOPLE.


9) LEE CAMP'S REDACTED.


10) THE JOE ROGAN EXPERIENCE.


I would love to have even more in 2020.  Certainly, if you have a suggestion, let me know, e-mail me at common_ills@yahoo.com and I will make a point to sample the suggestion.

But while I would love to have even more in 2020, I would be satisfied to just have those ten again this year.  Meaning?  Foundations and foundation money, big donors, they really do destroy independent journalism, right?  We have seen it happen with DEMOCRACY NOW! and with THE YOUNG TURKS. 


-------------


[Ruth also covered radio for the years 201620152014,  201320122011, 2010, 2009 and 2008.]