Monday, May 27, 2019

Maybe celebrate truth on Memorial Day as opposed to waiving your dick around?

Iraq vet and prez candidate Rep. Seth Moulton: "I have never seen a weaker commander in chief in American history." Asked whether Trump is a patriot, Moulton said "no" and added, "I don't think that lying to get out of serving your country is patriotic."



Really, Seth, is that simple?

Usually, it's Tammy Duckworth waiving her dick.  Lately, it's Mayor Pete or Seth.

It is patriotic to go to war over a lie?

Why don't you move beyond your simple black and white and admit that something's are gray?

Or is that too much in the hyper macho world that Seth, Tammy and Pete inhabit?

Vietnam?

A lot of men went.

A lot more men didn't go.

It was a lie -- just like the Iraq War.

I don't blame those deceived by their government.  But I also don't try to play Quien es mas macho> the way Tammy, Pete and Seth do.

If this is how Seth would be president, I don't think we need him.

I don't think we need anyone that thick headed.

Bruce Springsteen didn't go to Vietnam.  Why don't you ask him what he told his draft board?

So Bruce can't be patriotic?

That's a really interesting call.  Not a wise call.  Not an informed call.  It shows a deliberate ignorance of history, but if Seth and Tammy and Pete want to make it, they better grasp that the whole country is not rah-rah military.  And no one's going to be shamed into voting. 

Maybe it's time Seth, Tammy and Pete grew the hell up?

I'm glad Donald Trump didn't go to Vietnam. 

I know a lot of guys who went and a I know a lot of them didn't come back.  A number who did make it back on US shores were wounded in visible and invisible ways. 

I'm glad for all the ones who did not go.  I wish the number of US troops sent to Vietnam was zero.

I feel the same about Iraq and a lot less sympathetic to the Seths and Tammys and Petes regarding that because they were adults during Iraq.  So stop pretending that the US did something good in Iraq.  It didn't.  It hasn't.  The US government destroyed Iraq.

How about remembering that -- and remembering it honestly -- for a Memorial Day?