Sunday, January 12, 2020

Some Tweets from Elizabeth Warren


  •  Pinned Tweet
    This economy is pushing struggling families to the breaking point, and our bankruptcy laws make it harder for them to get back on their feet. That's not right. I've got a plan to overhaul our consumer bankruptcy rules.
  • Florida teachers are rallying for fair pay and better funding for schools, and they won't be intimidated or undermined. I stand with the teachers—and I'll fight so that teachers get the fair pay and well-funded schools they need and deserve.
  • Housing. Health care. Education. Immigration. Minimum wage. Social Security. Climate change. All policy issues are disability policy issues.
    All policy issues are disability policy issues.
  • We are facing a maternal mortality crisis in America. And for Black moms, it's an epidemic. One major reason why? Racism. Let’s be clear: It's time to hold health systems accountable and demand change—because lives depend on it.
  • Americans in Dover, New Hampshire, and all across the country are ready for big, structural change.
    Elizabeth Warren at the Dover town hall.
     
    Elizabeth Warren at the Dover town hall.
    Elizabeth Warren takes a photo with a supporter and a baby at the Dover town hall.
    Elizabeth Warren at the Dover town hall.
  • . is a champion for consumers (and I’m proud to call her a former student!). Katie grew up in Iowa, and this weekend she returned for our Mason City town hall. Together, we’re going to keep fighting to root out corruption in Washington.
    Elizabeth Warren at the Mason City town hall.
     
    Katie Porter at the Mason City town hall.
    Elizabeth Warren hugs Katie Porter.
    Elizabeth Warren makes a pinkie promise with a young girl.
  • Let’s be clear: Climate change is putting all of our futures in jeopardy. I’m grateful for the opportunity to talk with voters about my plans to defeat the climate crisis in Milford, New Hampshire.
    Crowd of supporters at the Milford town hall.
     
    Crowd of supporters at the Milford town hall.
    Supporter takes a photo of Elizabeth Warren at the Milford town hall.
    Supporters raise their hands to ask Elizabeth Warren questions at the Milford town hall.
  • The Iowa caucuses are just 23 days away. If you sign up to make calls to Iowa caucus-goers this weekend, I could give you a call! You can start making calls from anywhere, right now. This is how we’re going to do this: Together.
  • Climate change is the existential crisis we all face. It’s why I’m fighting my heart out for big, structural changes like a and a .
  • There are still huge problems with our bankruptcy laws today, in large part due to harmful provisions in the 2005 bankruptcy bill. It’s why I have a plan to overhaul consumer bankruptcy rules in this country and restore the middle class.
  • My response was to study contracts, finance, and—most of all—economic failure, to learn everything I could. And I started a ten-year fight against the banking industry’s efforts to change our bankruptcy laws so they could squeeze everything they could out of working families.
  • I don’t think my dad ever spoke the word “bankruptcy,” at least not when I was around. He and I were both afraid of falling off the financial cliff. His response was to not talk about money or what might happen if it ran out. He stayed away from sores that hurt. I poked at them.
  • I spent most of my career studying one simple question: Why do American families go broke? Whenever someone asked my daddy about my bankruptcy research, I noticed that he would look off and say something like “Oh, she’s special, that one,” and then move on to something else.
  • I’m grateful every day to have in this fight!
  • No matter where you live, we need all hands on deck in Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, and South Carolina:
  • I’m grateful to for canvassing with in Des Moines this weekend! Every door we knock brings us closer to big, structural change.
  • Congratulations to workers who have fought more than 15 years for justice. When workers fight, workers win.
  •   Retweeted
    I don’t have to guess what kind of president would be because I’ve seen her hard work on behalf of families firsthand. She fights everyday to make sure people are put first because she knows what it’s like to struggle.
  • When billionaires and giant corporations don't contribute their fair share, it means that paying for our roads, schools, and firefighters falls on the rest of us. I've got plans to root out the corruption in Washington so that they pay their fair share—same as the rest of us.
  • I'll never stop fighting for the big, structural change we need.
    When we give up on the big ideas, we give up on the people whose lives would have been touched by those ideas.
  • Laws criminalizing homelessness disproportionately harm people with disabilities. We need to invest our resources in ending homelessness and giving people the services they need, not arresting them.
    My department of Justice will not fund efforts to criminalize homelessness and will deny grant money to police departments who are arresting residents for living outside. These laws disproportionately affect people with disabilities.
  • Private equity greed is driving up rents, pushing families from their homes, and breaking up communities. It's legalized looting—profiting off the backs of families. It's time to rein in private equity, and I've got a plan for that.
  • Together, and I are going to fight to pass the and create millions of good union jobs to build a green new economy.
  • Climate change is an existential threat, and we can’t let corruption in Washington hold up the changes we desperately need to make. It’s time to get rid of the filibuster.
  • 346 people died. And yet, Dennis Muilenburg pressured regulators and put profits ahead of the safety of passengers, pilots, and flight attendants. He'll walk away with an additional $62.2 million. This is corruption, plain and simple.