Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Songwriter Allee Willis has passed, she leaves behind a mountain of beautiful songs



Songwriter Allee Willis has passed away.  Along with co-writing the music portion of the Broadway musical of Alice Walker's THE COLOR PURPLE (Brenda Russell and Stephen Bray were her co-writers), Alle wrote and co-wrote many beloved songs.  Here are a few.

Maxine Nightengale's "Lead Me On" (one of my favorite songs of the seventies).





Earth, Wind and Fire's "Star"



Diana Ross' "Crying My Heart Out For You."




Earth, Wind and Fire's "September"




The Pet Shop Boys and Dusty Springfield's "What Have I Done To Deserve This?"





Dionne Warwick's "How You Once Loved Me"



The Pointer Sisters' "Set Me Free"




Jimmy Cliff's "I'm The Living"



Earth, Wind and Fire's "Boogie Wonderland"




"Young & Pretty" for Cher's rock group BLACK ROSE



Tina Turner's "I See Home"




Pablo Cruise's "I Want You Tonight"



Earth, Wind and Fire's "In The Stone"




Herbie Hancock's "You Bet Your Love"




The Pointer Sisters' "Neutron Dance"



Diana Ross' "What About Love"