Friday, March 11, 2005

Democracy Now! Exclusive: Arab American Publisher Says Bush Told Him in May 2000 He Planned to "Take Out" Iraq

Arab American Publisher Says Bush Told Him in May 2000 He Planned to "Take Out" Iraq

OSAMA SIBLANI: I met with the President, and he wanted to go to Iraq to search for weapons of mass destruction, and he considered the regime an imminent and gathering threat against the United States.
AMY GOODMAN: You met with the President of the United States?
OSAMA SIBLANI: Yes, when he was running for election in May of 2000 when he was a governor. He told me just straight to my face, among 12 or maybe 13 republicans at that time here in Michigan at the hotel. I think it was on May 17, 2000, even before he became the nominee for the Republicans. He told me that he was going to take him out, when we talked about Saddam Hussein in Iraq.

[The segment is read, listen and/or watch. Marcia wonders if the mainstream media will even note this. Let's watch and see.]