Sunday, December 08, 2019

Some Tweets from David Sirota

David Sirota is the speech writer for Bernie Sanders.


  •   Retweeted
    Read this thread ... upshot is that while Biden is obviously ahead, Bernie is closer to winning this thing than a lot of people realize.
  •   Retweeted
    IBEW Local 1634 is endorsing Sen for president
  •   Retweeted
    Bernie stood w/the Teamsters in '00 at their rally against China PNTR - a bill that destroyed 3.4M U.S. jobs Bernie stood w/the Teamsters in '15 to introduce a bill to prevent their pensions from being slashed Bernie will stand with unions as president because he always has
  •   Retweeted
    Back from canvassing in NH for Berners, this will be hard to hear. Unfortunately, out of all the people we spoke to today, only the overwhelming majority of them supported Bernie. There is no way forward for him except becoming the 46th president.
  • I just played my kids this sound & tried to explain that this was how we used to connect to the Internet. They first told me they didn’t understand what a “phone line” is, and then they started laughing uncontrollably for 30 minutes straight. I am old.
  • We are facing a rising tide of racism and antisemitism - I’m proud of my partner, Democratic State Rep. , who is co-authoring this legislation with . We must reject reject bigotry and hate.
  • We are facing a rising tide of racism and antisemitism - I’m proud of my Democratic state (and spouse) Rep. , who is co-authoring this legislation with . We must reject reject bigotry and hate.
  • We are facing a rising tide of racism and antisemitism - I’m proud to be the spouse of , who is co-authoring this legislation with . Hate has no home in Colorado.
  • Happy birthday to — my friend, my ally and one of my heroes. This job is a hard battle — one of the best things about it is getting to work alongside you. Onward, in solidarity.
  •   Retweeted
    I often say there are no illegal strikes, only unsuccessful ones. But is 💯 here and in his labor policy! Strikes are fundamental to collective bargaining and they should be legal in every sector to promote agreement and respect the value of workers.
  • Colorado friends — let’s do this 👇🏻
  •   Retweeted
    You should read the new Des Moines Register story on how Bernie is on his way to winning Iowa. And then you should retweet it and send it to all your friends.
  •   Retweeted
    Eric Kukor, 39, worked 15-16 years as a UPS driver and now heads a Teamsters Local outside Milwaukee. He believes Bernie getting nomination is essential to Dems retaking Wisconsin.
  •   Retweeted
    Money spent on ads so far: Steyer: $47M Bloomberg: $39M (in two weeks!!!)) All other Democrats combined: $15M
  • Proud to work for the only 2020 candidate who has released a comprehensive plan “to rebuild and protect a diverse and truly independent press so that real journalists can do the critical jobs that they love, and that a functioning democracy requires.”
  • We’re coming up on the 2-year anniversary of our IBT/Newsweek reporting that broke open the Corker Kickback scandal. Thanks to and for touting my investigative journalism work that broke open the story. Very much appreciated!
  • What stage of capitalism is this?
     
  • Trying to write a Bern Notice in the middle of a kids trampoline center during a birthday party for my kindergarten daughter’s friend. The writing is not going well.
  •   Retweeted
    Imagine a female candidate or candidate of color dismissing legitimate questions with this much disdain and privilege...
  •   Retweeted
    I have some very big news to announce: is gonna win Iowa.
  • Truth
  • Subscribe to our newsletter -- and please retweet: BERN AFTER READING
  • I stand by my statement that Bernie Sweaters is the best
  • I am grateful that is doing this. She is great (and I am obviously biased here).