Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Steven D. Green (public domain photo)

Steven D. Green


That's Steven D. Green.

I'm not in the mood for the garbage today and among the garbage is the above photo.

I am declaring the above public domain.

Anyone can use it.

I don't own it.

It is exactly like the AP photo (although you may notice that they appear to have darkened their photo). I didn't get it from AP, I got it from Mecklenburg Sheriff's Dept. It is a government photo.

AP has a copy. The same way I have a copy.

AP did not take the mug shot. They asked for a copy and they now slap copyright on their copy. No, that is not how it's supposed to work and, were this a song and not a photo, AP would have been sued.

But the above is the government photo, obtained from the Mecklenburg Sheriff's Dept and I am designating my copy PUBLIC DOMAIN.

Anyone can use it.

The e-mail address for this site is common_ills@yahoo.com.