He said the "real cause" of ISIS was the alienation of the Sunni Arab community in Iraq under then-Prime Minister Nouri Al-Maliki, which created an opportunity for the Sunni extremist group to win support in Sunni areas when the group stormed across Iraq in 2014.
And Petraeus is correct on that.
Unlike all the idiots who just gas bag.
And that's why Barack's 'plan' was never going to work.
Dropping bombs on Iraq does not address the alienation.
Today, the US Defense Dept announced:
Strikes in Iraq
Attack, bomber, fighter, rotary and remotely piloted aircraft conducted 11 strikes in Iraq, coordinated with and in support of Iraq’s government:
-- Near Al Qaim, a strike engaged an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed a vehicle.
-- Near Hit, a strike destroyed an ISIL vehicle.
-- Near Mosul, six strikes engaged three ISIL tactical units and destroyed four ISIL-held buildings, two vehicles, two front-end loaders, two weapons caches and three tunnels entrances.
-- Near Ramadi, two strikes engaged an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL-held building and a weapons cache.
-- Near Sultan Abdallah, a strike engaged an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed three vehicles.
Task force officials define a strike as one or more kinetic events that occur in roughly the same geographic location to produce a single, sometimes cumulative, effect. Therefore, officials explained, a single aircraft delivering a single weapon against a lone ISIL vehicle is one strike, but so is multiple aircraft delivering dozens of weapons against buildings, vehicles and weapon systems in a compound, for example, having the cumulative effect of making those targets harder or impossible for ISIL to use. Accordingly, officials said, they do not report the number or type of aircraft employed in a strike, the number of munitions dropped in each strike, or the number of individual munition impact points against a target. Ground-based artillery fired in counterfire or in fire support to maneuver roles is not classified as a strike.
Dropping bombs on Iraq does not end the Iraqi government's persecution of the Sunni people.
And that persecution is known.
For the last two days, the media -- certain elements of it -- have been giddy over a woman in Iraq (who had both husbands killed by ISIL -- both! -- one wonders . . .) and how she beheads people.
It's left to others to note reality.
- Shiite militias terrorist group supported & backed by the Iraqi Government Boast about beheading people #warcrimes #Iraq
That's what hey're applauding.
A thug -- this one female -- who commits War Crimes -- against Sunni civilians.
But, hey, tiny minds need a hero.
Speaking of female thugs, H.A. Goodman continues to cover Hillary Clinton.
- The BEST reason to vote #JillStein2016 is that #DNCLeaks showed Democrats DO NOT WANT bold change. @DrJillStein offers REAL hope and change.
- Hillary voted for Iraq. Trump Tweets crazy things. Hillary used racism against Obama. Trump Tweets. Hillary's FBI probe. Trump's Tweets...
- Hillary called black youth superpredators, used a racist 3 a. m. ad on Obama, advised by Kissinger Bush's neocons. Trump called a person fat
- Hillary took prison lobbyist money, defended a child rapist and laughed at the polygraph, pushed Iraq, Libya, etc. Trump called a person fat