Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Olive Garden honors veterans this Veterans Day

Monday is Veterans Day.  In 2012, the Iraq snapshot the Friday before included various eateries that were running specials for veterans.

We'll try to do that again this year.

Olive Garden sent the following to the public e-mail account.  And click here for menus.  (The link below doesn't appear to be working and I don't have 20 more minutes to waste trying to figure out how to fix it, sorry. Added right after this posted: FYI, it is working below.  It wasn't in the preview function.)









If there's an Olive Garden in your area, you've probably seen an ad for the establishment featuring a voice over by Julie Bowen (Claire on ABC's  Modern Family).  You can click here to find one in your area.  Olive Garden kicked off in Orlando, Florida back in 1982 and has become a national eatery.

If I'm eating at Olive Garden, I'm eating the calamari.  (When I eat out, I usually order things I can't cook myself and I've never been able to fry anything except an egg.  I can stir-fry, bake, etc. but I've never been able to fry anything -- fish, chicken, zucchini, etc -- and long ago gave up trying.)  There are many tasty things on the menu but that's what I go with and why.

Olive Garden didn't get noted here last year.  That wasn't me being rude.  We only noted eateries that e-mailed about how they were honoring veterans for Veterans Day.  We'll note any eatery that e-mails the public account.

Some places will offer a Veterans Day special this Sunday and/or this Monday.

In addition to offering a free entree on Monday, Olive Garden is also offering 10% off for veterans during the month of November -- 10% off the entire tab if the veteran is dining with his or her family.


Again, we'll note any specials from any eatery that e-mails the public account and try to have a list of events and eateries in Friday's snapshot.

In terms of events, you can use this Veterans Affairs Dept webpage to find events in your area.







The e-mail address for this site is common_ills@yahoo.com.