Friday, January 26, 2024

Cher - Main Man (Official Video)

 I didn't think I needed to post about Cher because its her business.  But for weeks now, the public e-mail has comments about her and they're slamming her.  Elijah is a drug addict.  That's not a surprise.  It tends to be heredity and Gregg Allman was Elijah's' father.  Cher is his mother  Elijah is married to someone who doesn't help him and creates an environment where Elijah's more active in his disease than he might be otherwise.  Cher's trying to save her son.  You might think that's not the right thing to do.  Or you might think that the literature says this is not how Elijah gets cured.  Cher is 77.  Melanie died this week at 76 [see Trina's "Melanie: Queen of the Music festivals" which is very in depth and Jess did "Thank you to Melanie (Jess)"].  That has to enter Cher's mind, her age.  She'll probably live for many, many years (Cher's mother died at the age of 96).  But  this has to enter her mind.  And she loves Elijah.  She is not suing to be his conservator to steal his money.  Cher has her own money.  Cher carried the weight in that family, not Gregg.  Cher has also been very generous to her children (Elijah and Chaz) and they really haven't wanted for anything.  So this is not about money, drop that foolish notion.  Nor is this about Cher trying to control someone.  It's about a parent very worried as their adult child engages in destructive behavior, a parent who has to factor in that she could be gone tomorrow and what happens to her son?  One of Cher's friends has a son with a drug addiction.  He's in prison.  His mother's dead now.  His addict father just died (yes, I'm talking about Farrah's son Redmond).  Cher has to think about that.  I believe she has many, many years left.  She may not.  More to the point, if Elijah doesn't get some help -- and quick -- the question becomes how many years does Elijah have left?


Cher's trying to save her son.  You don't have to agree with her, you don't have to agree with how she's trying to do it.  But please stop lying that she's trying to get his money, she's on a control kick or all the other bulls**t.  And stop blaming her.  I love how these drug addict fathers stay active in their disease and then skate without blame.  Cher's been an honest mother to her kids.  There's no reason to attack her.  When the e-mails increased this week, I told myself that I'd comment when I posted a video on Friday.  Cher's usually got one coming out every Friday.  Not this week.  So I'll note "Main Man" which I've always loved, and I'll make those comments and I'm done.  (Though I may return to the topic of these hideous fathers -- the only one who ticks me off more that a friend was married to is the bald, vain man who found a second family and managed to be a father to new kids when all he was with the first two kids was a vanishing act that they could never depend upon.  Shower the people with piss, James, because that's all you ever did.)