Friday, December 30, 2005

Dave Zirin's What's My Name Fool: Sports and Resistance in the United States



The image is from the cover of Dave Zirin's What's My Name Fool: Sports and Resistance in the United States. It's up for Mike who wants to do an entry at his site Mikey Likes It! on this book. (It may be a joint entry from Mike and Wally actually.) I enjoyed this book and recommend it but other than that, I'll leave it for Mike (and possibly Wally) to comment on. I will note, however, that I think everyone (in the community) first heard of the book on Democracy Now! when Zirin was interviewed by Amy Goodman.

In August, the book was the focus of a discussion at The Third Estate Sunday Review ("1 Book, Ten Minutes").

The e-mail address for this site is common_ills@yahoo.com.







Posted by Picasa