Friday, April 25, 2014

"A Letter from Daniel Berrigan" (Mike Palecek)

In the US, Mike Palecek and  Chuck Gregory host a once a week radio program entitled The New American Dream Radio Show on Blog Talk Radio.  


"A Letter from Daniel Berrigan"


Mike:

I was happy to hear from you. I'm sorry, though, that things have become so unclear in your thoughts since we met and you came East for the protests.

I think your parish priest is full of baloney. Please don't hesitate to tell him so, if you want to. 

He reminds me of all the cutout-clerics I've met over the years who went on to get their degrees while innocent children died in Vietnam and many of us went to prison.

I don't envy him his degrees from Harvard and Columbia. I've lectured on both places and find them rich centers of moral retardation. 

As for people getting paid to protest, it's here that the baloney goes rancid. Our payment was years in prison to protest the killing; his payment was something else again.

I hope someday he picks up the New Testament and gets some light on the life, imprisonment and death of Jesus. Also on some texts like, "love one another, as I have loved you."

For the rest of the article go here: