Saturday, August 01, 2020

Some Tweets from Tara Reade

Some Tweets from Tara Reade:

When I was in my 20' s in Hollywood, I was socialized that my value was on my physical appearance and its appeal to men. I went to Washington DC dreaming of being growing intellectually and starting a career not based on looks but my mind. Then, I worked for Joe Biden... :(
Image
6:24 PM · Jul 30, 2020


I believed in my boss and I had no idea what I was walking into in 1993 when I worked for Joe Biden. Every fear inhad regarding coming forward in 2019 came to pass in 2020. However, survivors need to stand up and be heard no matter the political party or how powerful the man.
Image
6:36 PM · Jul 30, 2020





So I spoke up That little girl part of me was so scared But the reality of holding such a dark secret for a powerful man was worse. In 2020, I told the whole history between Biden and me. I have lost everything physically but I am now authentically on my way to a path of healing.
Image
6:46 PM · Jul 30, 2020




I was a believer at this age: in my future, in my boss, Joe Biden, in the Democratic party. That was shattered in 1993. In 2020, I faced my deepest fears that came true the minute I spoke. I have been smeared & marginalized for telling a truth that is politically inconvenient.
Image
11:36 AM · Jul 31, 2020Twitter for Android