Saturday, August 11, 2012

I Hate The War

The Pig-Pen Ambassador
Yesterday's snapshot noted the idiot Chris Hill -- the pig-pen Ambassador (above) -- appearing at an Apsen Institute conference that CSPAN broadcast.  A number of people have written into the public account to express outrage with his characterization of Operation Charge of the Knights.  That's what I was speaking of yesterday when I discussed how insulting and contradictory his remarks were to the testimony of then-General David Petraeus.  The attack on Basra was a big issue in 2008 when then-US Ambassador Ryan Crocker and Petraeus, the then-top US commander in Iraq, spent nearly a week in April appearing before Congressional committees.  One person who identified as a veteran who served in Iraq wanted it stated that Hill's remarks were "a stab in the back to the American military."   That was a fairly typical sentiment in the e-mails to the public account and I don't think I would disagree with that opinion.


Chris Hill was so unqualified to be Ambassador to Iraq.  He is a public embarrassment.  But he just gets worse shooting off his mouth while the man who nominated him -- Barack Obama -- is attempting to self-present as knowledgable in foreign affairs.


Chris Hill, it should be remembered, was a non-stop embarrassment.  For example, while in Baghdad, he and a State Dept employee dressed up in outfits that mocked the assassination of John F. Kennedy -- a State Dept employee did that, an ambassador. 

chris hill

 The caption and photo are from Peter Van Buren who posted the photo to his blog here and here.
(He is the author of  We Meant Well: How I helped Lose the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of the Iraqi People.)  Chris Hill is disgusting and there are so many things in that CSPAN conference, so many statements by him that are offensive.

Such as when he backs up Nouri's verbal attacks on the US military.  You might want to stream to that if you haven't already.

Someone e-mailed wondering why I didn't provide a transcript to all of his awful remarks?

No, thank you.  I was angry enough just listening to them.  I should have noted ook, Breathing The Fire: Fighting to Survive and Get Back To The Fight.  That's Kimberly Dozier's book.  I will note it in Monday's snapshot.  But I couldn't believe the crap out of Hill's mouth and was streaming quickly as I dictated the snapshot.  I had to stop streaming, he's so digusting, and we focused on the third parties instead.

But Chris Hill is the embarrassment on the Obama's administration.  His actions in Iraq and out of Iraq are a huge embarrassment and you have to wonder if someone at the White House wouldn't advise Chrissy to take a lower profile until after the election or if someone at the Mitt Romney campaign might stream the CSPAN conference and use it to demonstrate the type of nominees Barack names?

I think you could do a commercial just based on the photo of Chris Hill dressing up in Baghdad to mock the assassination of JFK.  


But if you want to know why the work of Ryan Crocker went down the toilet in Iraq, look no further than Chris Hill, the bumpkin who fell for Nouri al-Maliki and stroked him instead of challenging and pressuring him. 




It's over, I'm done writing songs about love
There's a war going on
So I'm holding my gun with a strap and a glove
And I'm writing a song about war
And it goes
Na na na na na na na
I hate the war
Na na na na na na na
I hate the war
Na na na na na na na
I hate the war
Oh oh oh oh
-- "I Hate The War" (written by Greg Goldberg, on The Ballet's Mattachine!)


The number of US service members the Dept of Defense states died in the Iraq War is [PDF format warning] 4488.



The e-mail address for this site is common_ills@yahoo.com.










The e-mail address for this site is common_ills@yahoo.com.