Women do work of enormous economic value–for unequal or insufficient compensation, and while routinely grappling with gender-based discrimination. A Day Without a Woman and the International Women’s Strike will demonstrate this enormous economic power–and we will use our financial strength to demand more for women workers everywhere.
NOW will be closing our offices on this powerful day of action, and encouraging our staff to take to the streets in support of women’s economic equality. We hope that you will get out and take action in your community, too.
Here’s where I’ll be:
- Resist Trump: Stop the Gag, Freedom Plaza, 11 a.m.: Marching to the White House with the Feminist Majority in fierce opposition to Donald Trump’s dangerous global gag rule–which restricts abortion access and endangers women’s lives worldwide.
- Women Workers Rising Rally, Department of Labor, 3:30p p.m.: Standing with Restaurant Opportunities Centers (ROC) United and One Billion Rising to demand that the Department of Labor affirm fair treatment of women workers.
- Take the day off from paid and unpaid labor
- Shop only at small, women-, and minority-owned business
- Wear RED in solidarity with A Day Without a Woman
ContactM.E. Ficarra , email@example.com , 951-547-1241