Friday, August 25, 2017

But Gal, what about the children of Gaza?


From Lara Witt's "WONDER WOMAN IS YOUR ZIONIST, WHITE FEMINIST HERO" (WEAR YOUR VOICE):




Listen, how was I supposed to suspend my feminisms for a whole two hours and twenty one minutes? I couldn’t. Every single time Diana Prince (aka- Wonder Woman), shed tears on screen over the children dying at the hands of merciless German soldiers during her trip to the end of World War One, I kept whispering, “but Gal, what about the children in Gaza?”
 

Yeah, that’s right, y’all think I was just going to let that go unmentioned? I think the f[**]k not. Your new sexy fave, Gal Gadot is a former Israeli soldier and during Israel’s assault on Gaza in 2014, she posted a picture on Facebook of her and her daughter praying and wrote the following statement:

“I am sending my love and prayers to my fellow Israeli citizens, especially to all the boys and girls who are risking their lives protecting my country against the horrific acts conducted by Hamas, who are hiding like cowards behind women and children…We shall overcome!!! #weareright

(Image: screenshot from Facebook)


The assault in question was widely condemned and took place between July 8 through Aug. 27. More than 2,100 Palestinians were killed along the Gaza strip along with 66 Israeli soldiers, and seven civilians in Israel. The majority of the Palestinian deaths were civilians including 495 children and 253 women.


But this isn’t new, Israel maintains a brutal grip on Palestinians and their daily lives. It is a settler colonialist power and feminists who support it are not feminists if they give zero f[**]ks about Palestinian civilians being brutally oppressed on a daily basis.