Sunday, July 14, 2019

Some Tweets from Kirsten Gillibrand


  •  Pinned Tweet
    I'm Kirsten Gillibrand. I'm from upstate New York. I believe my purpose in life is to help people. And I'm running for president of the United States.
    />
    2:04
    79.5K views
  •   Retweeted
    Gillibrand: If I don’t understand that it is my responsibility to lift up her voice, to lift up the voices of black and brown Americans every day than I’m not doing my job as a US senator and I’m not doing my job as a presidential candidate and that is my responsibility.
  •   Retweeted
    At , just made a solid, detailed promise to legalize marijuana and ensure the opportunities go not to Wall Street but to black + brown communities, with the tax revenue reinvested into those communities most harmed as well as ownership and job opportunities 👏🏽
  •   Retweeted
    “All of us have a responsibility to fight as hard as we can against this President.” -
  • I'm in Philly at to talk to this incredible group of organizers about how I'll stand up for our progressive values and defeat President Trump. Join us live:
  • The threat of deportation raids has no real purpose except to terrify families and sow division. This is another racist attack on immigrants to distract from Trump's failures. For anyone who's scared: We won't stop fighting. For now, know your rights:
  • The Trump administration's family separation policy is a stain on our country. Now, they're doubling down on their cruelty with their threat of raids. Every minute this crisis proceeds is an indictment on our humanity—and every one of us needs to refuse to comply.
  • It's hard to put into words what we're seeing our government do to immigrants. There can no longer be any doubt that this is a politically-driven crisis, a violation of human rights, and an atrocity. It has to stop. What more will it take?
  •   Retweeted
    .'s service in the Senate has been marked by passionate leadership for gun safety. Her campaign is no different. 's record is one of inaction in the face of tragedy. Our next president will lead on gun safety
  • We can acknowledge both the painful realities of institutional racism and the economic hardships many white people face. We need policy solutions both broad and targeted to make sure everyone in this country has a fair shot at opportunity.
  • The mission of the bus tour was to go to some of the many places where President Trump's broken promises have hurt working people most. Listening to their stories only reinforced my belief that we need a president who's brave enough to deliver results where Trump failed.
  •   Retweeted
    ‘We have to recognize suffering in all forms.’ —  offered this answer to a voter who questioned ‘white privilege’
  • We're in Lansing, MI to talk about President Trump's broken promises on women's rights, and how I'll defend them. Join us live:
  •   Retweeted
    Every day, 100 Americans are killed with guns. Thank you to for being the latest 2020 candidate to propose solutions to our nation's gun violence epidemic.
  • President Trump said he'd "respect" and "cherish" women. I'll actually fight for them.
     
  •   Retweeted
    . just announced her plan to fight gun violence if elected president. Americans are demanding a leader who will stand up to the NRA and champion commonsense gun laws. Gillibrand reaffirmed she’s ready to do exactly that.
  • What I saw today in Flint is a resilient community that's still fighting for clean water. Trump may have forgotten about the people of Flint, but I haven't—and I won't.