Friday, May 15, 2020

Elaine's must read post -- stop shaming survivors!

Not safe for work, but an excellent piece by Elaine just went up "OMG you mean assault might cause someone to have issues!!!!!"  Elaine's taking on POLITICO's nonsense (Jonathan Chait also pimping hard today).  Tara Reade, they insist, is a liar.  How do we know this?  Because her life hasn't been pretty.

And if she were raped, of course, her life would be pretty now because that's what happens, right?

No, that's not what happens.  If you're assaulted, you are traumatized.

I'm not in the mood for this bulls**t from Pig Boys or little ----s who want to be Pig Boys.

I've talked about my assault repeatedly over the years here at this site. 

And I'm the first to say that I'm not a good person or a nice person.

Maybe I would've been.

But I'm not.  And you better believe that a big part of that goes into being kidnapped and assaulted as a child by a deranged lunatic that my grandfather fired.


Sorry, I can't be your pretty and perfect little girl who never did a thing wrong after that.  Sorry I can't be your perfect victim.

Sorry that I never expressed regret for murder because, point of fact, my rapist is dead.  At my hands.  When I had the chance, I stabbed that bastard.  And I didn't stab him once and then run out of the hotel he'd taken me to -- didn't run out for help.  I stabbed him over and over.  I stabbed him even after he wasn't breathing.  Only then did I go get help.  And believe me, I told that story to the police.  I didn't care.  I didn't care what was going to happen to me (nothing did, in the end, nothing legal).  All I cared about was that man was dead.

So let me explain I'm just so sorry that I can't play the perfect victim that the media wants all of us to be if we're assaulted.

And I'm so sorry that Tara or any other woman doesn't live up to your expectation that we'll all be dainty little survivors who maybe cry every now and then but otherwise do everything that society expects of us.

I agree with Elaine, F**K you to everyone in the media who is trying to demonize a woman who has stepped forward to talk about assault.

Nothing in that garbage piece of trash that POLITICO published or that Jonathan Chait's echoing has one damn thing to do with rape.

Shame on you all.