Friday, July 22, 2005

Folding Star has not started blogging again

I'm about to get on the phone with Elaine but I need to pass on something.

As most people know, Rebecca's on vacation. I had an e-mail from Mike that I completely misunderstood (no suprise there). I thought he was theorizing/philosophizing that with Rebecca on vacation, Folding Star would return to blogging. I assumed Mike was saying it was like the life cycle.

Mike was quoting an entries in this morning's e-mails.

I e-mailed Folding Star.

From the first paragraph of Folding Star's e-mail:

Nope, that's not me. Looks like someone else claimedthe title and web address. Let people know it's notme, would you?

Angela's Ashes isn't a book Folding Star would be reading. I'm not saying FS would find it a bad book, I am saying that FS would have read it a long, long time ago.

I'm hoping that the person who claimed both sites (mirror and original) is just a big fan of Folding Star and wanted the sites to continue. But I don't know that.

I don't know anything about this person.

I'd planned to leave both links up because it honestly made me very sad that FS wasn't blogging.
And FS had a place on our list as a community blogger. Januaray through July, FS was blogging.

I don't know who it is. They may be a fan of Folding Star's. (Folding Star is sure it's not a friend.) But they aren't Folding Star. And using FS's titles and not explaining upfront that they aren't Folding Star does puzzle me.

So both sites are removed.

You'll find links removed at other community sites as well.

It's not Folding Star and that's not clear from the posts but more importantly, we linked because it was Folding Star.

The e-mail address for this site is common_ills@yahoo.com.