Saturday, November 07, 2015

Sam Smith's new album out now!!! (Elaine)

rebecca, still here.  the community loves music and elaine covered a 'new' release last night.


Sam Smith's new album out now!!!!


I love Sam Smith.

I don't think I've been so excited about a male singer in years.

But he's something beyond excellent and great.

In The Lonely Hour is an amazing album and one I can't stop listening to.

Or couldn't.

A friend sent me Sam's new album.

It's got nine tracks.

It's actually a deluxe edition of the first album.

No, not the one that's called "deluxe" and offers four additional tracks.

This one is two discs -- the original album plus a disc of nine additional track.

It's entitled IN THE LONELY HOUR DROWNING SHADOWS EDITION.

So what do we get with this new disc?

There's a new version of "I'm Not The Only One" featuring a rapper and I don't care for it.  I don't hate it.  I just don't see the point.

Much better is the reworked "Stay With Me" -- as a duet with Mary J. Blige.

I love "Drowning Shadows."

You also have to hear his cover of Amy Winehouse's "Love Is A Losing Game."

He covers "How Will I Know" and you may have seen that on YouTube.  But this is a studio recording of the Whitney Houston classic and not some sing along version.

He and John Legend take "Lay Me Down" to another level and "Latch" is given the acoustic treatment.

It's just amazing.

I love Sam Smith and have been craving a new album.

Until that happens, this is the next best thing.

(Although I'd love it if he'd release a live album while we're waiting for the next studio one.)



"Iraq snapshot" (The Common Ills):