Sunday, September 16, 2018

Ronan Farrow needs to shut his damn mouth

If Ronan could learn to shut his damn mouth, his life would be a lot better.

For example?

I wouldn't know about Soon-Yi's interview.  I wouldn't have read it.  I wouldn't have realized how little Soon-Yi and the children understand what was done to them or why.

Soon-Yi's telling the truth.  Ronan can Tweet all he wants but all he's doing is expressing his stupidity and defending someone -- Mia -- who deserves no defense.  I'd forgotten, until I was reading the Soon-Yi article, just how God-chosen Mia felt and just how powerful she felt she was.  That's the element that Soon-Yi doesn't know about but backs up everything that Soon-Yi says.  After I do the Iraq piece, I'm going to sleep.  I'll decide in my sleep, as I revist the pre-Soon-Yi days, whether I'll write about this at THIRD or not. 

Soon-Yi's telling the truth.  I don't miss Mia's friendship at all because she's lied for too damn long and she's hurt too many people.  Ronan doesn't know why she shouldn't have gotten pregnant with him but it was a risk and Mia knows that too.  He needs to stop defending her and be an adult and start asking questions.

He's a rather pathetic, stunted boy, desperately cluthcing Mommy's hand while all around him are the signs of just how depraved Mommy really was.

He can start by asking why Andre's biological sons weren't allowed to come to the US.  Why did Mia agree to that?  It's an important part of the story and one she doesn't mention in WHAT FALLS AWAY . . .  Despite all the pages in that book, you never learn that she left her biological sons with Andre in England when she came back to the US.