UPDATE at 8:30 pm EST 1/10/20: Margaret Kimberley has not Tweeted or reTweeted anything about the Iraq protests today, Aaron Mate has not Tweeted or reTweeted about the protests today, like Mate, Max Blumenthal has Tweeted and reTweeted repeatedly today and never once noted the Iraq protests. Medea Fake Ass Benjamin Tweeted three times today -- including about writing another article with a man (Medea doesn't write with women, she just pretends to be pro-woman) -- but no Tweet about the Iraq protests. CODESTINK? 9 Tweets today. Zero about the protests in Iraq. Zero about all US troops out of Iraq. But remember, we're supposed to pretend they're about peace. Remember when they traveled to Iraq and met with the resistance? Most people don't because they did ask for funds for that meet-up but after that meet-up, immediately, they put Iraq on hold to spotlight Palestine. That's really the last time CODESTINK did anything on Iraq and then they didn't even follow through.
Remember, these people are about peace . . . or want to be . . . or want you to think that they are. They just never do the work.
Fake asses, one and all.
Journalist Ahmed Samad didn't ignore the protests today. And he paid for covering the protests with his life. Fake asses one and all -- that's what the above Americans demonstrated -- that they're full of nonsense and that they're fake asses.
The second reason I wanted to pull the UPDATE into it's own entry was to give credit to those who did note the protests today.
- JUST SO U KNOW .. Demonstrators r seen during protests in Baghdad's Tahrir Square Jan. 10, 2020 .. 1000's of #Iraqis rallied across the country today, reviving a months of protest movement vs the gov adding criticisms of both the US/Iran to their chants ...
- Demonstrators are seen during protests in Baghdad's Tahrir Square on Jan. 10, 2020. Thousands of Iraqis rallied across the country today, reviving a months-long protest movement vs the gov & adding criticisms of both the US/Iran to their chants. Photos by Humam Mohamed @UPI.
- Protests Erupt Outside US Embassy In Baghdad http://trumpathon.com/protests-erupt-outside-us-embassy-in-baghdad/ …
- US has captured top #PMF leader #falehFayyaz Iraqi National Security Advisor in #Baghdad Airport amid tense protests Footage showing heavy US air &ground forces, Choppers and Jets flying over Bghdad and blocking all ways leading to the Airport. #Iraq #IranVSAmerica #IraqProtests
- IRAQI PROTESTERS CAME OUT INTO THE STREETS OF BAGHDAD TODAY TO PROTEST AGAINST BOTH IRANIAN AND US INTERFERENCE IN IRAQ. Good for them. I would like to see all foreign troops removed from Iraq too and all... https://www.facebook.com/roger.froikin/posts/10157641496041893 …
- Have a listen to the radio report I did with @cswift2 from Tahrir Sq, the centre of protest in Baghdad. Actually we’re pleased with it!
- Iraqi anti-government demonstrators protest in Baghdad's Tahrir Square on Jan. 10, 2020. Thousands of Iraqis rallied across the country today, reviving a months-long protest movement vs the gov & adding criticisms of both the US/Iran to their chants. Photo by Humam Mohamed @UPI.
- Protests are in Basra, Karbalaa, Najaf and Baghdad. Largest since killing of Suleimani and US-Iran tension that overshadowed rallies. To understand what some go through: Iraqi Journalist Ahmed Abdulsamad was killed in his car today in Basra after criticizing gov and militias
- The #Iraqi Tigris reporter demonstrates the reason this journalist was eliminated was because he asked why no one was arrested when the US Embassy in Baghdad was attacked but was arrested during protests in Basra.
- Twelve-year-old in Baghdad near the protest, left school after second grade. Sitting down because he's tired from selling gum to support his brothers and sisters. Kids like him are part of the reason the protestors persist. #Iraqprotests
- Months of protests in central Baghdad have received new impetus since the assassination of Iranian general Qassem Soleimani. Thousands have taken to the streets to vent their anger at the government, United States and Iran, as @lindseyhilsum reports.
- Horrible news from #Basra in #Iraq while big protests are going on in #Baghdad. Also in Tahrir protesters fear what just happened to Ahmed Samad. This was the atmosphere earlier today. https://twitter.com/brownegareth/status/1215708713597784064 …