Sunday, January 05, 2020

Some Tweets from Bernie Sanders


  •  Pinned Tweet
    I’m 78. I plead guilty. But there is an advantage—you can check my record going back a long way. And I have stood up and fought for working families my entire life.
    />
    2:18
    375K views
  • We are going to win because believe in building a nation, economy and government that work for all of us, not just the 1% and wealthy campaign contributors. Join us in Mason City, Iowa:
    />
    1:19:06
    76K viewers
  • "It's humiliating. Honestly, Bern, it's humiliating." This is the richest country on Earth. No one should be scared of taking an ambulance, or seeing a doctor, or going to the ER because they cannot afford it.
  •   Retweeted
    . in Grundy Center, Iowa, population 2,706 — “Is anyone left in the town or is everybody here?”
  • I cannot win the fight to restore democracy and defeat powerful special interests alone. That is why our campaign is building a multiracial, working-class movement based on human solidarity. Join us live in Iowa:
  • I want every kid in America to understand that if they want to, they will be able to go to college or trade school regardless of their income.
  • I apologize to nobody for my working class roots. I apologize to nobody that I'm the son of an immigrant. I apologize to nobody that, as president, our administration will take on the greed and corruption of the corporate elite.
  • This country needs a whole lot of things, but one thing that we do not need is another war. We’ve got enough of those.
  • When I return to Washington next week along with the U.S. Senate, I believe the first course of action is for the Congress to take immediate steps to restrain President Trump from plunging our nation into yet another endless war.
  • Our campaign is about lifting up working people everywhere and ending the greed of the billionaire class. We're building the movement that is powerful enough to do that. Join us live in Dubuque, Iowa:
  •   Retweeted
    Before his Dubuque event, meets with hotel workers to hear about their organizing efforts. They recently won their union organizing election at the Hilton Garden Inn. Now they are members of local IBEW 704. We will have the most pro-union prez in history.
     
  • Trump makes decisions impulsively, without explanation or congressional consultation. I believe strongly that a key step in ending our endless wars is for Congress to reassert its constitutional authority over matters of war.
  •   Retweeted
    War is a class conflict, too. The rich and powerful who open war escape the consequences of their decisions. It’s not their children sent into the jaws of violence. It is often the vulnerable, the poor, & working people -who had little to no say in conflict - who pay the price.
  • War and violence have got to be the last response, not the first response.
  • I’ve gone to too many funerals in my own state. I’ve talked to too many mothers who’ve lost their kids in war. I’ve talked to too many soldiers who’ve come home with PTSD, who have come home without arms and without legs.