Monday, March 21, 2005

Site problems

Thank you to everyone who e-mailed about site problems. At some point the first entry for today vanished completely. Then a post from March 13th appears (Amy Goodman in Florida) and suddenly the first post of this morning shows up for Sunday.

I have no idea what's going on. Is it a fluke, a problem with Blogger (the program -- though it could be a problem with me) or do we have pranksters?

Our wonderful UK computer gurus are working on it and we're doing some security patches (they're talking me though -- I'm not a computer expert by any means) so it will probably be at least an hour before another post gets started. (At least. They are very patiently talking me though this and say it will involve a lot of installing and restarting the computer.)

I'm sorry about the problems. And if it's something I did (which it may very well be -- I don't pretend to know anything about computers -- but I do know how to hit "post" and how to hit "index" after it posts so I'm not seeing how it's something I did since there are so few buttons to hit on my end), my apologies for that.