Monday, March 21, 2005

Cedric: Who can turn the press on with her gall? Condi!

Cedric shared the following Saturday morning at 2:41 a.m.

Cedric: I'm nervous about going to my first protest but since my city was highlighted in the Indy Media Review Thursday, I'll take it as a sign to get over it and go. But I'm having a hard time getting to sleep and my mind keeps wandering. So I came up with a little thing I want to share with the community. It probably would have been better to come up with it back when Condi Rice was in Paris but maybe some will get a kick of it.
Sing it to the tune of the theme to The Mary Tyler Moore Show.
Here goes:

Who can turn the press on with her gall
Who can take a happy day and suddenly make it seem not worth while?
Well it's you, Condi
And you should know it
With each lie and every little threat you show it
Hate is all in you no need to waste it
You can smite a village, yeah you like the taste of it
You might just destroy us after all
You might just destroy us all after all

At 8: 05 p.m. Cedric e-mailed again.

Cedric: I worried for nothing. I had the time of my life. I got to stand up for something I believe in and I met a group of really good people and we ended up going out after the rally.
Rebecca wrote about how if you were nervous, it was okay and just face it. And you did highlight my city in The Indy Review Thursday. So I went ahead, took all my nerves, sucked it up and went to my first protest. I learned so much and had so much fun. It's like that spark Eminem rapped up and I really saw it in action Saturday where everyone was keeping it real and speaking out against the Bully Boy.

[Note: The theme to The Mary Tyler Moore Show is entitled "Love Is All Around" (written by Sonny Curtis). And considering Joel Brinkley's coverage of Condi Rice in the New York Times the last few days, I'd argue Cedric's lyrics are more applicable than ever. Congratulations to Cedric for facing down his worries and for attending a rally. And for sharing this with the community. The e-mail address is common_ills@yahoo.com]