Monday, May 24, 2021

Gov. Gretchen Whitmer CAUGHT violating state's health order

 

Michigan's governor has apologized after a photo showed her apparently violating social distancing orders at a restaurant. Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D) said Sunday that because everyone attending the gathering at an East Lansing bar and restaurant was vaccinated, she hadn't thought twice when servers pushed two tables together to accommodate the large number of guests. "Throughout the pandemic, I’ve been committed to following public health protocols," Whitmer said Sunday, according to the Detroit News. "Yesterday, I went with friends to a local restaurant. As more people arrived, the tables were pushed together. Because we were all vaccinated, we didn't stop to think about it." "In retrospect, I should have thought about it. I am human. I made a mistake, and I apologize," she added. READ MORE: http://hill.cm/qK4JFIb