Thursday, March 12, 2020

#ISTANDWITHKRYSTAL

#ISTANDWITHKRYSTAL is getting attention.  Here are some examples and I've got a comment or two to make at the end.  [Correction, we'll offer the video.  Twitter's messed up again and the Tweets aren't showing up.  So we'll offer the video of Krystal instead -- Tweets were removed and video added 3 minutes after this originally posted.]







Krystal Ball  is taking a stand and I appreciate that and I applaud her for that.

Will I be doing the same?

No.  Like Krystal, I still hope Bernie gets the nomination.  If he doesn't?

Joe Biden right now is no one I could vote for.  I've said, since before he officially declared, that he needed to get honest about Iraq.  He has not.  He has not taken accountability or responsibility.

We cover Iraq every day here.  Every day.  It is not a side issue for me.  Joe's vote is the least of his problems.  We pay attention to Iraq here.  That means we are aware that he sold The Erbil Agreement.  He met with the various leaders in Iraq and sold it -- claiming it was somehow similar to what had to take place in Ireland (no, it did not make sense).  This is the contract that overturned the 2010 election.  It nullified the votes of the Iraqi people.

That's reason enough for me to object to Joe.  We have spent 3 years in this country -- the media and various talking idiots -- insisting that Russia interfered with our election and we've had little or not proof.

The US did overturn the elections in Iraq of 2010.

The people wanted to get rid of Nouri al-Maliki.  But Joe and Barack -- listening to Samantha The Problem From Hell Power -- decided to keep him.  The second term of Nouri results in the rise of ISIS in Iraq.  And, of course, ISIS is a response to Nouri targeting Sunnis.

Ayad Allawi won that 2010 election and did so by stepping away from sects and towards a national identity and an inclusive Iraq.

Imagine what 2020 might be like if Allawi had become the prime minister.

Joe has so much to answer for regarding Iraq.

No, I can't care about Iraq and vote for Joe.

Again, he needs to get honest.  I don't think he can at this point.  If he got the nomination and managed to get honest about Iraq, I might vote for him.

But I don't see that happening.

If Bernie doesn't get the nomination, I may leave it blank, I may vote Green or, if Adam Kokesh gets the nomination of the Libertarian Party, I could vote for Adam.

I love Adam.  He's inspiring and he tells his truth.  He's an Iraq War veteran and he pays attention to the issues.  I'm not a Libertarian but,yes, I could vote for Adam.

As for my vote being wasted on a Green or on Adam or on the SEP or some other group or it being wasted by my leaving the space blank?

The only wasted vote is a vote you make that you don't believe in.

I understand Krystal's reasoning and applaud her.  She's made the decision that's best for her and that's what we all need to do -- regardless of who we vote for or if we vote.  That's democracy.

We own our votes and we should never take them for granted.  A vote really does matter so it should mean something to you when you decide to vote or if you decide not to.

I had a poli sci professor in grad school who did not vote at all.  I was shocked by that then.  Age has enlightened me -- at least somewhat -- and I now get the stand he was making.

Applause to all who know where they stand right now -- whether it's vote for Trump, Biden, Gloria LaRiva or whomever.  I'm not there yet but I will not vote because someone tries to bully me or scare me.  I don't vote out of fear -- fear mongering is the easiest way to turn me off.