Sunday, April 14, 2019

Some Tweets from Kirsten Gillibrand


  •  Pinned Tweet
    I’m running for president. Let’s prove that brave wins. Join me:
  • As a Senator who represents 9/11 victims, I can't accept any minimizing of that pain. But Trump's dangerous rhetoric against is disgusting. It’s a false choice to suggest we can’t fight terrorism and reject Islamophobic hate at once—a president should do both.
  • Happy 103rd birthday, Beverly Cleary! Thank you for creating iconic characters who were adventurous and brave, unruly and unstoppable all at once—and expanding our idea of what a girl can be.
  • I believe that we can: ‣ Stop greed and corruption ‣ Restore our values ‣ Build an economy for all ‣ Keep America safe ‣ Fight for women and families Text ISSUES to 60980 to learn more about what I'm fighting for.
  • Our troops deserve a Commander in Chief who fights for them as fiercely as they fight for this country. President Trump's transgender military ban, taking effect today, proves he fails that standard. As president I will end this.
  • The Public Service Loan Forgiveness program is a bureaucratic nightmare that has shortchanged millions of teachers, social workers, nurses and other public servants of the loan forgiveness they've earned. and I just introduced a bill to fix it.
  • As I travel around the country, the number-one fear on people’s minds is often this: If they or someone in their family get seriously sick or injured, how are they going to pay for it? Let’s get this done for Americans and end that fear. We need Medicare For All.
  • It's unacceptable for CEOs to stack up profits while working families struggle. I stand with the workers striking in New England to fight back against cuts to their wages and health care.
  • This administration has replaced a corrupt oil lobbyist as Interior Secretary with...a corrupt oil lobbyist as Interior Secretary. This is exactly why I signed the pledge. Our public lands are not for sale to the highest bidder.
  • This is what leadership looks like.
  • Happy from Maple!
     
  •   Retweeted
    Kudos to for committing to take on the greed, corruption, and special interests in Washington. It's time to give power back to the people.
  • The reason I've fought for so many years to end sexual assault in our military, on our college campuses, and in Congress comes down to one question: Do we value women? Unfortunately, there's a lot of evidence that we don't. I believe women and survivors deserve better.
  • I talked with CNN after our town hall about issues like climate change and health care, bringing people together, and why I love Wonder Woman.
  • Last night, a student named Alexis asked why I held my campaign kickoff rally outside of Trump International. Here's why.
  • A six-week abortion ban without exceptions for rape or incest. Unconstitutional and unconscionable. Ohio women are being endangered with this bill. Gov. DeWine: Veto this.